It goes without saying that when it comes to choosing a diaper bag, style is important. After all, you’ll have to carry your bag around a lot in public and you certainly don’t want to be caught dead with a diaper bag like you did last year. However, appearance should not take precedence over more important factors such as efficiency, comfort, and durability.
At the end of the day, choosing a diaper bag Singapore is a personal matter. However, it would be helpful to consider the following factors when choosing from the dozens of available options.
- It is very important that the diaper bag fits all of your baby’s belongings, from bottles and formula to bibs, clothing, and of course diapers. Bags come in a wide variety of sizes these days, so it shouldn’t be difficult to find the exact size you want.
- Diaper bags can sometimes get quite heavy despite what they contain. Therefore, you should choose one that is comfortable to carry with you, even for a long time. Choose one that has wide, padded shoulder straps that can lighten your carry.
- These short trips to the grocery store, park, or grandma’s house can take a toll on your bag, especially if it’s not actually made of durable material. If you plan to use your bag frequently, you need to find one that is durable and will last until its first year.
- Ease of cleaning. So many accidents can happen with a diaper bag that it can get very dirty. Water from baby bottles can spill, just like food from a can that you thought was tightly closed. Dirty fabric or bib can also stain the inside of the bag. Since this cannot be avoided, it is imperative to choose a diaper bag that is easy to clean.
- These are handy containers for used diapers if you need to change your baby and don’t have a container to put dirty diapers, or if you use cloth diapers that you must take home to wash.
- Bottle holder. Bottles can drip when scattered around the bag along with all other children’s items. To prevent this from happening, the bottles must always remain in an upright position, which is only possible if the bag contains bottle holders.
- Insulating bag for bottle. You can buy them separately, but there are also diaper bags that include them as an optional feature. Insulated bottle bags are great for keeping your bottle warm and useful on long trips.